- New landscape design to the interior island featuring a circular, stone fire pit; two Old Charleston joggling benches and three Adirondack swings
- Refurbished boat dock featuring special lighting for early-morning and late-evening fishing outings
- New storage facility for lifejackets and other boating accessories
- New cedar shake shingle roof
- Refurbished Boat House attendant office
- New kayaks, now available for rent, with an accompanying kayak storage facility
Built in 1951, the Boat House is one of the original structures at Callaway Gardens and one that Gardens founder Cason J. Callaway was involved in its design.
This joint venture between Callaway Gardens and Cousins Properties Inc., in partnership with Pine Mountain Builders, is responsible for developing new community living opportunities at Callaway Gardens. Following the great success of Longleaf at Callaway, which began in 2003, four new neighborhoods are now being offered at Callaway Gardens: Highland Park, made up of just 41 sites for custom homes; the Mountain View Cottages on the golf course; and the water oriented Cabins of Camp Callaway. The newest offering that just became available in September 2009 is Sky View Meadows, nestled along the 17th fairway of the Mountain View golf course. Continuing the focus of environmental stewardship, all of the new homes, cottages and cabins at Callaway Gardens will be EarthCraft House™ Certified. The new real estate sales center is now open seven days a week.
Another focus of this partnership is to provide new and improved facilities, such as this Boat House refurbishment, for providing amenities to residents of these communities; members of the Callaway Gardens Connection; overnight guests and day guests. In addition to this project, the partnership also has created the Twin Oaks Golf Practice Facility, a 26-acre area featuring 12 target greens, a 9,000 square foot putting green and an 11,000 square foot chipping complex.