Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Towing Tips

Share your “lessons learned” here…. All of us have encountered the hard way to learn something, please tell us your funniest or your hardest learned……


yalesp says:

August 3, 2009 at 9:48 am

When towing anything, it is very important to establish a list of hook-up procedures that is completed in the same order every time… All of us that have towed a traler, have at one time or another, forgot to attach something or close the latch on the hitch… I have been very lucky, but know others have have not… Take time to review the proper hook up steps, write them down and even have a check-off list to ensure that you don’t end up with a repair situation on your vacation time…
Yale



yalesp says:

August 3, 2009 at 9:59 am

Load Leveling products… These products are designed to shift the load of the Tongue weight to the front wheels.. In my oppinion, this is the best money spent as it relates to safty and road handling. I see many trailers being towed with the hitch and Tongue almost dragging on the ground. I can not imagine how they go in and out of driveways and over un-even ground. These hitch systems consist of a special hitch that has holes on the bottom and two steel “L” shped bars with chains on them. These bars are inserted into the hitch and then the chain is connected to the Tailer hitch triangle by means of some sort of pressure loading system. That is to say that these chains and Bars are put under tension lifting the hitch up and shifting the weight to the front tires of the two vehicle. This sytem can elimiate the dangerous trailer wag and also helps with steering, not to mention the hitch drag mentioned above. I hope this helps those that are noew to towing, this is the one thing that has given me more confidence than any other one thing I’ve tried.. Visit Camping World or your local U-haul for details and advice, it will surely be worth it.
Yale



Clemento says:

September 29, 2009 at 5:07 am

Are you a professional journalist? You write very well.



yalesp says:

September 29, 2009 at 9:31 am

No I am not a professional, but thank-you for the compliment. I am hoping others will write about their experiences, in hopes that we all can learn more about traveling safe and thus enjoying our leisure time. I often contemplate the value of my limited leisure time and it is during these deep thoughts, that I realize that I do not have nearly enough of it, making it my most valued commodity… Yale

No comments:

Post a Comment